Mugen Wars

Amaterachu1

Rant time.

Mugen wars are the dumbest shit ever. Why do we got entire mugen communities "fighting" other mugen communities? This is probably the biggest rabbit hole in Mugen other than Ronald McDonald and Virus edits.

Here's a reminder that I don't care what website you "came from" and I don't care if you had some bad experience or whatever (I especially don't want to hear it). Just have fun with Mugen.

🕊️💜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Amaterachu1 said:

Rant time.

Mugen wars are the dumbest shit ever. Why do we got entire mugen communities "fighting" other mugen communities? This is probably the biggest rabbit hole in Mugen other than Ronald McDonald and Virus edits.

Here's a reminder that I don't care what website you "came from" and I don't care if you had some bad experience or whatever (I especially don't want to hear it). Just have fun with Mugen.

🕊️💜

It's stuff like these "wars" that are why this fandom cannot have nice things, amongst other more serious shit.  It really sucks because M.U.G.E.N. is probably one of the most creative fandoms out there, and yet there is all of this infighting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I agree the whole wars concept is stupid I don't know why people think they are doing justice by saying "HEY X COMMUNITY IS BETTER THEN Y COMMUNITY!!!" It's dumb. Also the fact other creators dislike when new ones joining in and thinking "the new guys are gonna steal my thunder!" It's sad M.U.G.E.N used to be a fun community people in it are terrible and ruining it for everyone. I still have a friend who hates this community and never wants to comeback to it because other creators kept bashing him for bad coding, ya know what cool? Helping the new guy instead of bashing and making fun of him. 

• Thanks 2

There is good reasons why I host my works almost exclusively on Andersonkenya, and did some ownership changes concerning No Context MUGEN in which I used to publicly own.

The entire community surrounding the hobby have a lot of problems with trolling and griefing behaviors, alongside ''influencers'' who wants nothing more but to control the entire hobby under its narrow views of the engine and community. It affected all spheres of the hobby, and definitely was a problem before (Something about the Mugen-Police), but a lot of acts from the last few years definely raised a lot of doubt concerning the sanity of the MUGEN community, and was further confirmed when friends of mine and relatives got affected by bullshit as well.

It's quite a shame because MUGEN have more than 20 years and counting of history, and a lot of works got made for us to enjoy. People just need to learn to be responsible when it comes to the engine, or just any other content creation communities, because I definitely have heard a lot of shit concerning these as well.

• Thanks 3