True MUGEN Antagonist?

Archangel Mikey

8 hours ago, Archangel Mikey said:

Who is the true MUGEN Antagonist?

Depends on what you're looking for.  The main antagonists tend to be Giygas, Rare Akuma, Elque, and such.  However, the ultimate antagonists are the ones you can't overcome, at least not through normal means.  I'd say the creations of M.U.G.E.N. that are nigh impossible to beat, those being the WinMugen cheapies, particularly the ones that are actually made with malicious intent like what Mathrus was rumored to be.  Cybershell made a whole video dedicated to talking about it, in fact.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Ehr... Who is the true MUGEN antagonist? I would say the strongest character in MUGEN ever: Dark Donald (This will be a copy and paste from another forum that I posted previously in Mugen Archive):

For me the most amazing character in MUGEN is Dark Donald. If we are going to talk about overpowered characters, Dark Donald is one of the best examples by excellence. When he's hit hamburguers spawns out of his body on automatic way confering to him a type of "super armor" He is inmune to throws and grabs as well. His healt bar is constantly regenerating, if that weren't enough! His walk animation is slow however his running animation is as fast as lightning. His taunt gives him some invencibility frames and he gains 1000 points of power gauge every time he perform it. He can jump and jump in the air over and over, yes the gravity doesn't exist to Dark Donald. His Hamva-ga and Hamva-ga a lot attacks causes extreme damage to his opponents. His Donald Girl summon attack is unblokable and lands on opponents position! His Death Bomb attack (he throws a soda cup to the ground making consecutive explosions) travelling to his foe and again this attack is unblokable. His B.K. Bomb (Burguer King Bomb) is absolutety a broken attack, consist in trow some apples and a head-bomb of Burguer King. The apples stay in stage bouncing over and over in order the opponent blok it all of them, unfourtunatly the Burguer King head goes on to the opponent and when finally it explodes the animation is unblockable... The Red Spirit attack is a living hell unblockable attack and Dark Donald can summon it up three times at time...

When his life is at 80% he can perform the Hamva-ga DA!!! attack, a giant hamburguer will fall (100% damage! OHKO) And if it wasn't enough if his healthy bar was lowered somehow to 40% he can summon the ELEMENT MASTER attack which can be: FLAME, BLIZZARD, VOLTZ, TORNADO, GOD STONE, HOLY JUDGEMENT, BLACK JUDGEMENT, METEOR, MEDIC and if it was not enough ALL ELEMENTS at the same time!!! Needless to say that every of these attacks are absolutely lethal and unavoidable.

In conclusion, Donalddesu the editor of this char tried to do the most unbeatable character ever made. He can't die by pressing F1 key. The only characters that can beat him are those cataloged as cheapies you know that characters that make the use of code that breaks characters. Some examples would be Marshall and Yami Kula. Or characters that doesn't have hit boxes and can perform OHKO's attacks strongly coded like Nuclear Ralf (12p) or Chuck Norris.

a number of black heart characters stated that they were all seen as antagonist characters

I admire the work Author, Andres Borghi. a lot of sadistic murder scenes in a number of his skills

maybe it's similar to mortal kombat but the black heart animation looks more horror in the form of a ghost and monster

but the number of characters is very small

• 6 months later...

My personal final bosses are Zero Two and Kriemhild Gretchen.

Kriemhild Gretchen is the ultimate embodiment of despair, and her massive size combined with her dark origins make her the perfect final antagonist.

Zero Two is an absolute nightmare to fight, due to his long reach combined with ridiculous combos. Even when I (tried) to nerf him, that didn't stop him from being almost impossible to hit due to you constantly getting combo'd. However, I learned that Zero Two can be attacked if you block his special attack where he tries to suck you into his halo, and attack him quickly enough when his attack ends (if he doesn't happen to guard. I need to figure out how to disable guards for characters, because Zero Two is so long-reach-combo-heavy he shouldn't need to guard)

I like Asura (The fusion of Rugal and Akuma). It's a character we saw briefly at the end of Capcom vs SNK 2 that never got realized canonically since then, but we got it in MUGEN. It feels like a perfect MUGEN final boss. Rugal already feels like a perfect boss for any tournament setting, and a multiversal one at that is pretty good. Add in his God Rugal powers and Shin Akuma's power mixed in to make Asura and it just seems really cool. Unfortunately, he just isn't "boss-y" enough to compete with a lot of other MUGEN characters. A MUGEN boss should be the boss of all bosses, and Asura is actually decently balanced for a boss character and his AI isn't that harsh either. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Depends on what you are looking for. I would say the characters that are almost impossible to beat like Dark Donald, Rare Akuma, Extrahighfairy (11p) and (12p). In Winmugen would be infinite Soulabyss since he defeated bunch of Supernull characters and they have to survive all 8 layers of lethality unless they can instantly or somehow defeat him like Yagwick, The end, and Dynamic Parallax for Example. But my real Antagonist is whatever character is poorly made or edited with cheap AI despite having weak movesets for human players, but for a real good antagonist would the ones that are well made, overpowered to play as and made to be funny would be Elephant, Because Elephant smacks around the living crap out of his opponents with his trunk with wonky hitboxes and hypers with I-frames and has a enraged mode whatever which character he hates so much that he is immune to most attacks and I watched Stargazer1331's video like how he sometimes antagonize Elephant for being overpowered and smacking around his favorite teams or characters.     

• 1 month later...