Baron Samedi

Smoke Choked

Baron Samedi

The Voodoo god of death, the Man who can never die, Baron Samedi

I thought it would be cool to have a character with Hollywood-stereotype style Voodoo attacks, with the interesting element of being able to resurrect himself from the dead.
I very loosely based the sprites on Geoffrey Holder's portrayal of the character in Live and Let Die,

but more of a cartoon caricature really- I gave him a slender look with un-natural limb movements to make it more creepy and skeleton-like, and added supernatural powers.
It's a bit of a novelty villain character really- fairly simple, but with some interesting quirks that I haven't really seen in Mugen, personally.

The main unique selling point for the character is his resurrection. He has a very low defence and health score, but at least 3 extra lives. Each time he is resurrected he has a 1 in 3 chance of gaining a bonus extra life on top of the lives he has remaining (but no way of knowing how many lives he has until he dies- intentional, to add the element of risk/surprise)

Quoted from Fighters Guild post

By Cpn Crossfader, 'improved' by Halis 4Head