Jump to content

Would you join an AK1 MUGEN tournament?


Would you join an AK1 MUGEN tournament?  

73 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you join an AK1 MUGEN tournament?

    • lol why are you asking? Of course I would
      28
    • No I'm too scared
      20
    • Idk
      25


Recommended Posts

There's a channel in the AK1 discord called mugen tournaments so it got me thinking of ways to do this.

Videos uploaded on AK1's channel (or mine) with requested teams put into a tournament. Now this can go many weird ways and cheapness and crazy things might happen and what not, but how does it sound?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amaterachu1 said:

There's a channel in the AK1 discord called mugen tournaments so it got me thinking of ways to do this.

Videos uploaded on AK1's channel (or mine) with requested teams put into a tournament. Now this can go many weird ways and cheapness and crazy things might happen and what not, but how does it sound?

My only questions are:

What are the rules for this tournament?

What is the deadline for signups?

When would the tournament be taking place?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Amaterachu1 said:

We don't know yet this is just if a hypothetical tournament were to ever start on the AK1 channel.

I'd likely have a no cheapies rule but where exactly the bar for that is up for debate.

You could rely on SpriteClub tiers

https://spriteclub.tv/characters

5th Division is average, competent A.I.

4th Division is stronger than 5th, but still average

3rd Division is cheap, but not absolutely broken

2nd Division is the penultimate tier, due to just how cheap they are

1st Division is the characters who are infamous for winning in most scenarios, but they are not unstoppable

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my team is Riesbyfe IQS_AI and Blackheart Cyanide with carbuncle ai patch and if Riesbyfe is 2nd division then Blackheart is probably there but I don't consider them cheap

Meanwhile Mario 64 is in 3rd division who I consider cheap, but he's only below Riesbyfe because his AI is rather quite poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also can recommend to use the GUMHOY's Rating Test for testing and some characters on SC might be mistier'd like for example Dexgigas's Kasen And Dank Meme Nanaya and the Rating Test just use either Elque or ZET's Shana especially Shana because she's better low 2nd as a gatekeeper for the tournaments and whoever if the characters win once they gets the boot I guess and if they lose to her a couple of time they are allowed 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SuperOverlord Yeet said:

I also can recommend to use the GUMHOY's Rating Test for testing and some characters on SC might be mistier'd like for example Dexgigas's Kasen And Dank Meme Nanaya and the Rating Test just use either Elque or ZET's Shana especially Shana because she's better low 2nd as a gatekeeper for the tournaments and whoever if the characters win once they gets the boot I guess and if they lose to her a couple of time they are allowed 

ZET's Shana does sound like a good gatekeeper.

Do you have a link for Elque?

-----------------------------------

Also generally for me

-No one shot kills (Dural from Virtua Fighter)

-No bs counters that ignore moves or just break a combo for no apparent reason (Taokaka AI Patch, Dengeki characters shouting "That's a counter!" for the 568th time)

-No crazy infinites that take forever (Unkoman stuff)

-No bosses that cant take hitstun

-If you're shooting laser pillars all over the screen and just don't have any counterplay in mind whatsoever then you're broken

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

elque.zip  

"-No one shot kills (Dural from Virtua Fighter)" I mean that's depends if the character and its AI ether AI rareing using it the OHKO or the AI of the character spamm it constantly like Snowwolf's most characters and Sintls but I would say banned them but allow characters like Zeeky H. Bomb because of if the opponent is quick enough and smart enough they can cancel Zeeky H. Bomb's OHKO 

Edited by SuperOverlord Yeet
Link to post
Share on other sites

BRUH Are you calling Zeeky H. Bomb a gimmick character first off *is throwing a bunch of projectiles at someone who has a super move that makes them untouchable or else the opponent dies isn't overpowered* that doesn't even sound like a gimmick and IIRC Zeeky H. Bomb has two OHKO one of them is a counter like I saying if the opponent is quick enough and smart enough they can cancel or grab him out of it  Zeeky H. Bomb's OHKO and Zeeky H. Bomb isn't even that much of spammer, characters like Shin Zeeky H. Bomb is worst in a way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperOverlord Yeet said:

BRUH Are you calling Zeeky H. Bomb a gimmick character first off *is throwing a bunch of projectiles at someone who has a super move that makes them untouchable or else the opponent dies isn't overpowered* that doesn't even sound like a gimmick and IIRC Zeeky H. Bomb has two OHKO one of them is a counter like I saying if the opponent is quick enough and smart enough they can cancel or grab him out of it  Zeeky H. Bomb's OHKO and Zeeky H. Bomb isn't even that much of spammer, characters like Shin Zeeky H. Bomb is worst in a way 

He still got a one shot either way. He probably wouldn't last in a tournament but he still has bannable qualities.

Like I said, the line of what's chepa and not goes all over the place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure whether to do a themed team or a prior tournament winning team

The themed team would be Dr. Robotnik (blazemanxd's version) and Zeta (I'm_Glenn_Quagmire's version)

The tournament team would be Shovel Knight (RoySquadRocks's version with Holn's A.I. patch) and Piplup's 7th Evolution, who were the final two characters of the SALTY TOURNAMENT FINALS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DejaVuFlame said:

I'm not sure whether to do a themed team or a prior tournament winning team

The themed team would be Dr. Robotnik (blazemanxd's version) and Zeta (I'm_Glenn_Quagmire's version)

The tournament team would be Shovel Knight (RoySquadRocks's version with Holn's A.I. patch) and Piplup's 7th Evolution, who were the final two characters of the SALTY TOURNAMENT FINALS

 

There's some pretty cool themed teams that do good. I have Riesbyfe and Blackheart for black and white

A team that has stuck with me ever since I first saw it in a really old MUGEN tournament is Guts and Goat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amaterachu1 said:

There's some pretty cool themed teams that do good. I have Riesbyfe and Blackheart for black and white

A team that has stuck with me ever since I first saw it in a really old MUGEN tournament is Guts and Goat.

Ah yeah, Guts and Goat.  Those two were a team back in the golden age of Character Wars, back when he was known as TheMattalocalypse

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DejaVuFlame said:

Zeeky was cheap by the standards of the golden age of M.U.G.E.N.  Zeeky got cheaper years later when turned into Shin Zeeky

 

No since Zeeky's gimmick is projectiles on every attack he has no way to deal with characters up close especially since he has a shite ton of cooldown. Shin Zeeky is just a completely different character where the limits of the projectiles thrown seem non apparent

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amaterachu1 said:

No since Zeeky's gimmick is projectiles on every attack he has no way to deal with characters up close especially since he has a shite ton of cooldown. Shin Zeeky is just a completely different character where the limits of the projectiles thrown seem non apparent

Which is exactly what I am saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...